Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Frazzle Dazzle

Tonight as I was putting the girls to bed, I thought about all the housework I still needed to do before falling into bed myself. There was the usual end-of-the-day tidying, some extra cleaning for a playdate tomorrow, fixing the mess that Laureli made, fixing the other mess she made while I was discovering the first mess, washing yet another load of predominantly pink laundry, unloading the dishwasher, sweeping the floor... the list went on. I tried diligently to complete my tasks, but the next hour and a half felt like an exhausting game of Whac-a-Mole as all three girls took turns popping back up as quickly as I could get them down. I grew more and more exasperated until I eventually found myself standing in a messy hallway, hollering at my children to "just go to sleep already!" Then it dawned on me...

I REALLY COULD BE A FANTASTIC MOM,
IF IT WEREN'T FOR ALL THESE KIDS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment