Monday, January 19, 2009

I Knew It!

Reece and I lived in Saskatchewan during our second year of marriage, and while we were there, we had two cats: Selina Kyle and Paddington. Selina, Reece's cat, was black, sleek, and sophisticated (meaning house-trained), and Paddington was a marmalade cat with soft, puffy fur, a heart-melting personality, and no sense of feline decency. He was my baby. Before moving back to Abbotsford, Reece and I decided to give both cats away, since we knew our BC apartment wasn't big enough for two cats and we just couldn't bear to separate them. They used to wash each other (okay, Selina did most of the washing), and when they slept, we often found them curled up together with their heads at each other's tails. It was adorable.

I've sometimes found myself missing Paddington over the years, but when Laureli was a baby, I told Reece that her personality reminded me of Paddington's -- warm, affectionate, and irresistibly cute. Then Laureli got older and developed a mischievous streak, and I thought, "Ha ha. That's just like Paddington too. Always getting into trouble." Now, we are taking steps in the direction of potty-training, and watching Laureli pee all over my floor lately has brought back even more Paddington memories. But the clincher came when we were in Abbotsford and I woke up one morning to find THIS!


We really should have named that girl Paddington the Second!

No comments:

Post a Comment